Sunday, January 6, 2008

Your drink of choice?

When I get up in the morning I make coffee as soon as humanly possible. I have about two cups before I head off for work during the week, and sometimes four or five on weekends - like this morning. In the evenings though, I'd much rather have a cup of tea - Earl Grey. The hubby and I are both tea drinkers, though our tastes are generally different; he prefers green tea, and I like black. We have quite an extensive selection of the 'in-between' choices too, most of them are from Celestial Seasonings.

I'm always surprised when I meet people who don't like coffee, or don't need it every day like I do. I've even met people who don't own coffee makers! If I don't have my daily dose of caffeine in the morning, I'm going to have a mild to moderate headache by noon, and a monster, killer one by late afternoon. Better to savor a lovely cup of coffee, we drink MJB Premium Blend, than to suffer with a headache. I don't think a caffeine addiction is that unusual these days; I know people who get their daily dose from tea, soda, and even chocolate!

My family - grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins, children, husband, MOTHER even - all tease me that I have a little coffee with my cream and sugar. It's true, I like it creamy and sweet. I like my black tea the same way. The hubby will take his coffee however it comes. He will drink it with cream and sugar or black, but his preference is just a little sugar. Tea, on the other hand, he drinks with honey and sometimes a little lemon.

So what do you drink? If it's coffee or tea, how do you take it?

1 comment:

  1. I prefer coffee with Splenda and creamer; two cups in the morning and two cups around 4 in the afternoon. I like iced tea and hot tea, but it is rare that I drink hot tea.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.