Monday, January 28, 2008

Blithering Idiot Talking

It's been a really long weekend. My brain is fried and I'm tired. I'm going to blabber for a little while - forgive me. I went to Sunflower Market on Friday to pick up a few things for dinner and found already-made meatloaf that you just bake. We had it for dinner tonight, Monday. It was great. I think I'll buy it again - and it wasn't very expensive; I think it was about the same price as 90% lean beef.

Sunday I found out that my VCR's don't work with my new televisions - they're too old. What a bummer. An employee at Best Buy explained the problem to us and suggested that we burn DVD copies of all of our VHS tapes so that we can watch them on our TV's. They sell a VHS/DVD burner combo - you just put a blank DVD and the video you want to copy and press a button. This cool piece of technology only costs $249. It will have to wait. In the meantime I've set up our little (and old) 13" television with a VCR so I can watch my favorite videos if I want.

I also bought a new computer while we were there. I went with a desktop this time, I wasn't mobile anymore and I figured I was used to being stuck at my desk. You just get more computer for your buck when you go desktop as opposed to laptop. I bought a Compaq Presario with I-don't-know-what except that it has 2 gigs of RAM and is a dual core processor. Those are the only specs that mean anything to me. I have to get used to Vista now, but it's coming to me.

I did a lot of de-cluttering this weekend. Threw out a lot of pointless items, torn or worn out clothes, and went through paper piles. It made me feel better. Then, as I was cleaning the dining room, I picked up the box my new shoes came in. I thought, "This is a decent box, it has a nice picture on the top, I'll keep it." HELLO! I need to throw the box out! DE-clutter! I'm still working on this.

This is a picture of Gandalf. He's our little man-cat and thinks he rules the house. Well, now that Tootsie isn't around he is pretty much in control, when his sister let's him be. He was trying to figure out what my problem was when I was taking this picture. Normally he doesn't look this peeved.

I started reading a couple of new blogs I found. I need to stop looking for them. I have a busy life and don't really have time to read about someone else. But it's so interesting, these people live such different lives from mine. They have kids and a job, but who they are is so different. Sorry, thinking through the keyboard here. I love reading about people in New York or Kentucky or wherever.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading and hearing other people around the globe also. There is a woman on YouTube who does videos and she lives in Germany. I find her so interesting and I love hearing her accent!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.