Saturday, January 5, 2008

School - Everybody's Gotta Go

On Monday my kids go back to school. Thank Heavens! I think their starting to get on their own nerves now. The elementary and high schools that my youngest and oldest attend have late-start on Mondays, meaning they don't have to be there until 9:30 as opposed to 8:10 for my 3rd grader or 7:45 for my 11th grader Tuesday through Friday. Poor Matt has to be in his seat in Junior High at 7:50 every morning of the week.

I was supposed to start a five week class on Wednesday but I just couldn't see fitting it in with my already too busy schedule. I opted to take two online and one classroom based class. I have Research Methods, Criminology and Intimate Relationships - ALL AT THE SAME TIME! What was I thinking?

Rob starts classes on the 22nd but doesn't have his schedule quite set yet. I think he's going to go all out this semester and take 16 credits. I'm thinking he's crazy! Anyway, most of us are going to be back in school or into the swing of things by the end of the month. I'm going to take advantage of not being in school. My children all need to be reminded to do homework consistently every night - and let's not forget the chores. It seems like I'm always doing the dishes or taking out trash - these are not my chores. Bedtimes will need enforcing and phone time needs to be trimmed. This month will be torture for my children. Tee hee hee.

4 comments:

  1. I don’t see how he can take 16 hours and work too. Is he trying to finish quickly?
    It’s neat that your kids have late start times on Monday’s. Does this mean they stay later that day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the semester he fits work around school. His job is an internship (kind of) and they are happy to employ him while he goes to school - as long as he can get the job done.

    He won't finish for a while. He hasn't quite made it into his program yet, but when he does it will be two years until he's done.

    No, they don't stay later - late start is worked into their regular schedules. Not all of the schools participate - makes it kind of crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the research methods, that is very 'dry' work, but useful when you come to write your dissertation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Liz,

    I'm working on getting some - or most - of the classwork done before the class even starts because it is sooooo tedious.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.