Thursday, January 24, 2008

Weddings and Kitchen Tools

The other day I bought a garlic press. I've been wanting one for a while now, maybe two years. I know that's a long time to wait, I would forget about it when I was at the store, only to remember when I was making my hands stinky cutting it up. That little kitchen gadget has already brought me joy, I love it. If you cook with garlic, you really should invest in one.

I thought of that great little toy while looking over a recipe for Pork Carnitas. Normally I don't eat pork but this recipe looked really good and I've had a little taste of it at my favorite Mexican restaurant, The Armadillo. I would put up a link but their site is unavailable right now. Anyway, for the first time ever, I bought a pork roast at King Soopers. I felt like an idiot, I had no idea what I was looking for. I ended up with one that I think will work. This recipe is for a crock pot so I'll be putting it all together in the morning but it's basically an add and cook type thing. There's no browning or 'cook on high for 3 hours then turn down' or anything complicated. We should come home to a nice hot dinner. I'm not new to crockpot cooking, it just takes a while to find recipes my family will actually enjoy that cook in them.

My nephew and niece are here for a couple of hours. My nephew is three and my niece is eight months old. A loves to take care of the little one. She pretends to be her mom, carries her around and rocks her. She's going to have the real mom experience tonight though, there's a dirty diaper that needs changed...
Lindsay didn't enjoy that experience, neither did I. It's been a long time since I've had to do diaper duty. Thank heavens that's over for the evening. Now the only pain will be that the little one is tired and she doesn't go to sleep easily.

My sister-in-law is getting married and had to go look for a wedding dress. She's getting married on the 15th of February and she's running out of options since she doesn't want to spend $500 on a dress. She dropped off our invitation and said that if Jake's girlfriend wants to come, or he wants to bring her, she's welcome. I think the reception will be fun for the hubby and I, we'll get to watch my in-laws scare the heck out of the girlfriend.

I'm thinking there will be dancing there too. I've been trying to convince the hubby that we need some dancing lessons. I'd love to be able to swing dance. I think it would be fun. He says I'm more than welcome to take lessons, he just doesn't know who I'll get to go with me. Putz! He'll go, I don't know when or how, but he'll go.

I had a pipe on my car replaced today so now it is quiet again. It was part of my exhaust system but the sound it made wasn't like my car had no muffler, it was just rattling and that was enough to drive me nuts. There's only one noise I don't like thats left on my car, my front driver's side quarter panel rattles too. I don't think I'll be able to get that fixed. My car is just old and has some problems that are probably best left alone.

TMI moment coming up - Feel free to skip it.
I'm tired today. My hips, lower back and head all hurt and I'm having sharp abdominal pains again. I started my period and I'm discouraged because it wasn't supposed to happen. Isn't this why I went through the trouble of having surgery? So now I have the discomfort, pain, cramps, headaches and hormonal surges and still have my period. Well, hopefully it isn't heavy and it either gets better or I can schedule the hysterectomy for May or June. I will not go on the NuvaRing for another 15 years jut to be stable but I would consider using it until I'm ready to have surgery - if it didn't cost so much. I think I'm wishy-washy on this topic because I think one way when I feel good and another when I'm in pain and miserable.
TMI moment is over.

I wanted to leave work early but decided to stick it out instead. I noticed there were some unfinished proposals on the boss's desk and it's my job to check them for grammar, math and other errors while I type them and ready everything to email and/or fax out to our clients. I don't like it when he does them on his own because he misses things. He'll forget to end a sentence with a period or part of the document will be in another font, etc... I'm anal about continuity and professionalism in all of our outgoing documents - that's my job. The bottom line is that we can proof-read for each other. So I stayed and toughed it out.

2 comments:

  1. Changing someone else's child's diaper is A LOT different then changing your own child's diaper. I think the smell is much worse when it is someone else's child!
    I hope you are feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - runny noses are the same, I just can't deal with other kids snotty noses but I used to swipe mine all the time and not think a thing about it.

    Thank you, I feel a little better but I'm exhausted. Pain just wears me out.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.