Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It Worked!

I wake up at 6am to Matt's alarm going off. I wonder why I've never heard it before but think it's waaaay to early to get up - I'll sleep until 6:30. That sounds good. Remember, I'm a procrastinator - did I tell you that? Well, I am and I'm very good at it. At 6:30 I drag my sorry butt out of bed, wake Lindsay, trying to convince her that it actually is morning, lie to her and say getting up early was her idea, and go make coffee. It's not hard to find a reason to stay up, I found a new blog that I'm trying to catch up on and with the new computer, I just can't help myself. Lindsay drags herself to the upright position about 10 minutes after I wake her. I offer hot cocoa and she declines, she'd prefer coffee this morning, thank you mother. Ha! She's just like me! That's a scary thought. We have a nice slow morning that does not begin or end in tears - there are rewards to getting up early. Now I'll have to convince myself of this tomorrow morning - just to make sure this isn't some sort of fluke.

My friend, the one that didn't get to go to Holland (and who will, someday, have a name), just joined the gym that opened next door to our neighborhood. It's a 24-Hour Fitness and while it's expensive, it's convenient. Right Next Door. Yeikes. No reason to claim traffic was bad, gas costs too much, or the weather sucked... what is a girl to do? Go to the gym, I guess. She went to two classes last night. First she spent 20 minutes on the elliptical, then took and abdominal toning class (1 hour), and ended with Camp 24 (1 hour) which I guess is similar to Boot Camp fitness classes. Yuck! She claims to have died for a minute when she got home last night. I told her that's what she gets, it served her right, I hope she strokes out. Okay, I wasn't really that mean. I told her to slow down a little bit - one class and the elliptical is enough for one night - especially since she hasn't been going to the gym regularly. Holy cow!

The hubby and I have been considering joining. We'll have to wait until our car insurance rate goes down, tighten the budget belt a little and maybe both get second jobs, maybe sell one of the kids to do it but that's the price of fitness, right? Really though, it's only about $100 for registration and $70 a month. There's the Right Next Door thing too, remember? So we're thinking about it, considering it, pondering it.

Hey, it's just like (well, not really just like) I'm thinking about signing up for the Comcast Triple Play - digital cable, high-speed internet and digital phone for 'one low price' (offer subject to availability, price only good for six months, then we take your first born child, etc..) We already have cable and high-speed internet with Comcast and we have Vonage for our home phone but Vonage and Comcast do not play well together. There are fights, and most of the time we are the one's that lose. Some miscellaneous part of our network or phone service goes down and the whole system has to be reset. I'm thinking Comcast bundling might be a more feasible option. Oh, and we'd upgrade from basic cable to digital cable and have cool stuff like On-Demand. How awesome is that - tons of movies for free at the touch of a button? Maybe I wouldn't be so upset about my VHS tapes being hopelessly out of date. Nah, I think I'll hold on to that for a while.

Speaking of technology frustration... I could not sleep last night, I tried but it just would not come. So I get out of bed and put in Tremors. You know, it's embarrassing to admit that I watch such a dumb movie, even more so to admit that I love it. Anyway, the movie starts and I realize that there is no sound. AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! There's something wrong between the television and DVD player and I'm not smart enough to figure it out - especially at midnight. But you know who I think is? The hubby, that's who. And I wake him and make him figure it out - which he can't because....? You guessed it. I WOKE HIM UP, for crying out loud. He's a sleepy mess and has no idea what is wrong, nor does he think now is a good time to fix it. My brows furl, my lips are pursed. Now it's 12:30 in the morning, I'm still awake AND I'm angry. That helps!

Did I mention the book I'm reading? If not, it's called Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. I've never read any of her books before but I'm three-quarters of the way through it and I'm totally in love with her writing. This is a girlie-girl book, but an amazing one. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.