Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday...

Have I said before that being a bookkeeper in January (or whenever the fiscal year is over) is just awful? There's so much pressure to wrap up last years books, finish reports, get out W-2's and 1099's, and still manage regular tasks that I'm just about wiped out - and it's only the 9th!

The good news is that my boss is out of town tomorrow and Friday so I should be able to get a lot of the more time consuming tasks out of the way. Our target date for getting the books to the accountant is next Wednesday the 16th but I don't work on Monday's. I have four days.

Besides accountants, bookkeepers and places like H&R Block, I wonder who else it terribly busy this time of year. The health clubs are probably overfilling this month, right?

Well, I'm off to work. I'm going to try and relax - physically - at work today. My neck has been bothering me and I'm not sleeping well again. Maybe I should stop drinking Earl Grey in the evenings... Hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I can’t imagine you’ll truly relax much until the reports are finished and in someone else’s hands.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.