Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sick and Tired

It's still really cold here and I think it drives people into their beds early. It's only 8:30 and we're all ready to go to sleep. The days at work have been exhausting for both the hubby and I, even though I had a three day weekend I still feel as though I haven't gotten a day off. This afternoon my boss asked if I'd work next Monday. Of course, more hours, he'll be out in the field and I should have most of my work wrapped up so it will be nice and slow.

Matt is much better now but Jake is getting sick and I think I might be too. It might just be the soreness of typing and pouring over papers all day long, but I'm really wearing down. Lindsay and Rob still seem to be healthy. Once again, Jake doesn't want to stay home from school. He says that he doesn't have much 'human contact' at school tomorrow, but if he's really sick he's not going.

Most of the junior high and high schools her follow what's called a modified block schedule. That means that they have eight classes (for example) and attend all of them on Monday, odd classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and even classes on Wednesday and Friday. On Monday their classes are about 45 minutes a piece and the rest of the week they are 90 minutes. It's weird, and I have to keep up with late start schedules too. Matt has a different lunch time three days a week - there are four different lunch periods at his school, but in High School, Jake has lunch with everyone at the same time every day. 800 kids eating lunch in the commons. Must be crowded.

I think I'm heading off for bed now. I could use the extra sleep and if it won't come, then I can read some of my Cosmo. Oh, I don't think I mentioned... My friend, the one that didn't make it to Holland, gave me a subscription to Cosmo for Christmas. I buy them every once in a while kind of as a joke but I think they're fun. She thought it would be nice to give that to me every month. It's really a great gift - even if it's written for the 20-something searching-for-a-man girl.

2 comments:

  1. Cosmo is much better than the subscriptions I have received for Christmas. When someone gives you Family Circle, you start to feel OLD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Family Circle - the recipes! I feel old anyway, no stopping that. Maybe you should hint at Cosmo for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.