Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Books

For the past three years I've been a member of an online book club. Monday through Friday I get part of a book so that by Friday I've read about the first two chapters. I've signed up for Fiction, Mystery and Audio Books. To be honest, I haven't really been able to find the time to read the book part for months, but I do read the column that precedes it each day. If you'd like to check out the site and see if it's something you'd like, go to Dear Reader.

That being said, I love to read. I'm not working on anything specific at the moment... mostly because I lost interest in the book I was reading and haven't picked up anything new. I've glanced through a few, read the first chapter of a couple, but nothing is really keeping my attention these days.

I went to the library yesterday and picked up a book on positive thinking, the ACT study guide for Jake, a book on organization (because my life is a mess) and six or seven cookbooks. I love cookbooks. They're my weakness. Once, eight or so years ago, a woman knocked on my door and before she could say a word I told her that I wasn't interested in buying any magazines. Before she could speak I told her that if she'd been selling cookbooks, I'd buy, otherwise - have a nice day. Was I surprised when she pulled two cookbooks out of her bag, smiled, and said that she must have the right house. I bought both of them. I'm so sad.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds to me like she was meant to stop at your house! My aunt collects cookbooks too.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.