Friday, August 1, 2008

Microburst - And I had to look that up!

We had a microburst tonight - a massive gust of winds - that downed my neighbor's tree... right onto her new car.

The winds picked up and peaked in about 15 seconds and then died out just as quickly. In those few moments I got up, closed the dining room window most of the way and was headed to the front door to rescue anything that might blow away outside.

My daughter met me at the door hysterically crying about a tree falling on the neighbor's son. I ran over to their driveway and discovered their tree laying on their car and their basketball hoop on it's side. The neighbor's boyfriend was under the tree, and for a moment, I thought it had hit him.



















Here's one of the pictures I took.

The neighbor boy was hit on the back by the falling basketball hoop but he's okay. The tree actually fell beside the car and two branches were on the car.

Since the homeowners association said they wouldn't remove it until morning, the neighbor's boyfriend took a hatchet to them and they got the pressure off the car.

And there is no damage. Can you believe it?

In the picture you can see my neighbor off to the left - or half of her - and the hubby is standing in front of it with his very attractive shorts on. :)

2 comments:

  1. PTL no one was hurt and the car was okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing what mother nature can accomplish in such a short time! Glad no one was hurt! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.