Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Boss Hates Me (title courtesy of Matt)

My boss is trying to kill me.

Okay, so I'll explain. We've had a problem at work, a small (we're guessing) fuzzy problem. A few weeks ago, I sat down at my desk, reached for the phone, and noticed little droppings... it was icky. I cleaned them up and looked at the rest of my desk - it's a big desk - and found MORE. It went from icky to gross.

I picked up some of the droppings in a tissue (yes, I did!) and took them to my boss. "I think we have a problem," I said as I put down the tissue and opened it up. He agreed, saying that he'd found a roll of paper towels in his cabinet that looked like it had been chewed.

And then he did nothing.

I complained about it nearly every day, and last Friday...? I full on demanded (nicely) that he do something about the little rodent.

This morning I went into work and found lots of little droppings and nearly blew my top - and then I did blow my top. I found poison on my desk! Yes, I did! I saw what looked like crumbs spilling from behind my monitor -a flat screen that has about three inches of space behind it underneath the counter (picture a receptionist's desk) - and when I pulled it forward, there was a little block of what looked like granola bar. But it wasn't. And I picked it up before I realized what it was!

I marched back to his office - after thoroughly washing my hands - and asked if he'd put poison on my desk. "Oops, I forgot to clean it up." OOPS? That's all ya' got?

Damn, I think he's trying to off me!

Matt agrees that my boss is trying to kill me... and he says he doesn't blame him! Little ingrate.

3 comments:

  1. I would be very afraid to sit at my desk thinking that something might run over my shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that sounds like a safe environment to work in. I hope you washed your hands after touching the poison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think the mouse only comes out when it's quiet and dark. I haven't seen it since we noticed signs, so I'm not afraid of it.

    Normally, I'd disagree with you dawn. But right now, I think you're right.

    I DID wash my hands, A LOT.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.