Monday, August 18, 2008

The Soccer Club Bites

I am so frustrated with the Soccer Club and Lindsay's new coach right now that I could just scream, and I have - at least once.

The soccer teams are made up of girls from all over Fort Collins and when there are not enough girls to make a full team from one school, they are combined with schools in the 'same geographical' area. Or that's the way it's supposed to work.

Lindsay's team is made up of girls from six different schools over eight miles apart. There are much closer schools, trust me, and we* are guessing that these 11 girls are all that was left from all over town so they must have thought it would be easiest to throw them all together and call it good.

The worst part is that their coach insists on having practice five miles away from us (and we're not the farthest away), and no where in the middle of the six schools. He's being inconsiderate of the parents of the five kids' families that live on this side of town.

He might have considered having one practice a week at his home school, and one practice a week at a school in the middle - and that's not even my school, folks!

He even had the nerve to say to me that no one from our school stepped up to coach... well, if we'd known there was a problem - and we didn't because the Club didn't put out a call for coaches like they usually do - we might have been able to find a coach, or even had some notice that we'd be spending much more a week on gas...

When it comes time for the coaches gift, I'll say I've already given him mine. I drove to where he wanted to have practice when he wouldn't be considerate of the five players on the other side of town... I paid in gas. Glad he enjoyed our gift.

*We refers to another family from Lindsay's school.

5 comments:

  1. This would tick me off. Have the five of you gotten together to ask him to rotate schools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, but we have a parent meeting on Friday after practice - I'm hoping that there will be some sort of solidarity from the 'east side' parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy what a jerk! I always thought coaches were supposed to work with the parents not against?!?! What's the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, see? Now that's the key...
    "What's the problem?"
    Well, apparently the problem is that he signed up to coach two different teams at two different levels and has "five kids of my own."
    He's a busy guy and thinks he's doing us a favor, or that's my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad you don't have another coach. That way you could say, since you have sooo much on your plate, we thought it would be best to get someone else.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.