Monday, July 7, 2008

Sluggish

I added a new widget to my side bar. It shows the books you've read, are reading or plan to read. So far I've only added what is in my book bag - the bag I take to work with me and that's almost always near my desk when I'm home. This way I don't lose anything - or at least not easily!

I've owned the blogging book for months and I keep it in my bag to dig out when I'm feeling lost at the computer and for when I'm bored out of my mind at work. It will probably stay on the list for a while. The Amber Chronicles was supposed to be done by the end of May - right. I've only finished one of the ten books it contains. I'll have to start working on that. Sadly, I've read Inca Gold and Digital Fortress already. I have a Janet Evanovich book on my nightstand but it's been there for weeks and I haven't picked it up. I'll have to figure out what it is, add it and then actually read it.

I haven't felt well since last Thursday so I've been a big lazy slug. I've watched a ton of movies and recorded television shows on the DVR. I think I'm ready to go back to work though. I need to do something with my sorry self. I didn't even spend time working on our dinner plan for this week, even though D and I went to the store yesterday. I've planned around the food I bought rather than the other way around.

Meal Plan - July 7 - 13
  • Monday - Beef and Broccoli with rice. We were going to have this last week - I think - but never did.
  • Tuesday - Green Chili Smothered Chicken and spanish rice.
  • Wednesday - Oven Baked Chicken and Zucchini Casserole.
  • Thursday - Slop. This a complicated mix of ground beef and cream of mushroom soup over rice or noodles. Don't knock it - my kids love it!
  • Friday - Veggie Beef Soup in the crock-pot.
  • Saturday - Burritos.
  • Sunday - Parmesan Chicken Fingers and Salad.

The hubby hates soup so he'll have to find something different on Friday. I know, I know... it's not nice to make food he won't eat, but there are things I just really want that he hates. I have to do that sometimes. Normally he would be out of the house when I'd make something he won't eat, like D and I were on Sunday when the hubby made the fish he caught on Saturday. I really don't like trout.

I've obsessed for a few days about the Zucchini Casserole recipe that I seem to have lost. I can't find it anywhere, not in my email, my document folders, printed cookbooks, online - it's GONE! I obsessed until I found something different but satisfying. It's called Zucchini with Jalapeno Monterey Jack. Cut one zucchini in 1/4 inch slices and pan fry in a tiny bit of butter until done. Layer in a glass, microwave safe dish alternating with thin slices of pepper jack cheese. Microwave until cheese is bubbly. That's it. Use less cheese or plain Monterey Jack if you need to reduce the spiciness. I had some for lunch today - it was yummy.

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law used to make slop (with egg noodles)for my husband when he was a child. He loves it, but I can't even look at it. I won't knock it and I won't tell you what I think it looks like either ;) ... at least you're still planning meals. We have been winging it for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books seem interesting. I may have to look into them when I have more time. I'm still amazed that you even make a schedule of meals. My speciality used to be crap in a bowl. Take rice or noodles and make a casserole with whatever veggies you have and add cheese plus a can of cream of whatever. Cook until cheese melts. Tada, crap that was leftover!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.