Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Friends Leave

So I'm at work and my cell phone rings. Not uncommon, the kids call all the time during the day, as do those people who want all my paycheck - are those two the same thing?

Anyway, the caller ID says that it's a friend of mine from from college. She's lived in Denver for the past three years and I only see her once a year but we call about every two months to catch up on eachother's lives.

She left a message saying that she's moving to California in a few weeks and wanted to catch up before she did. I don't know why that makes me so sad, but it does. I've know for a couple of years that her dream job lies in LA and that she just can't pursue it here in Colorado.

I'll talk to her tonight and wish her well. I hope that her life turns out great but I'm just so sad that she's leaving.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like a lot of people you know are moving! Is it the water? Just joking. I have a friend who is trying to get a job in Colorado. No luck yet but I'm hoping something will open up. It's times like these that make it hard to remember than nothing is solid and forever. Life is forever changing like the tide moving in the ocean. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow and remember the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the story of my life... could that sound more pathetic? LOL

    Good luck to your friend. What kind of job are they looking for? What city are they looking in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She just graduated from college and doesn't like what she got her degree in. She's applied to the Univ of Colorado for an administration position but hasn't had any luck. She's like a lot people who thought they knew what they wanted to be and then realized, oh no I do not like it all!
    At least you have people you call friends. I'm the go to for emotional support. The only time I get calls is when there are major emotional upheavals in their lives. So my phone and calendar are never busy. If I think about it I get depressed. If I think about the positive side, I have no money, so I'm not becoming majorly in debt going out!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.