Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Class Preparation and The Blog

I wasn't able to drop that class I'd talked about. They said something about finally taking the number of credits that I said I'd take… Okay, fine. I'll do it. But I don't have to be happy about it. And I don't have to care, right? I do? Fine. (stomping feet, throwing a temper tantrum)

I read the two chapters for the class yesterday, wrote up my notes for the paper then actually wrote the paper. Wow - focus, where did that come from? Ummmm, I'd rather not say. I can tap into that sometimes - when I chose to - but normally I just procrastinate because it's easier.

I have to be in a classroom for four hours tonight. I'd rather poke a mechanical pencil in my eye than sit in a classroom four hours once a week for five weeks… honestly, I've got better things to do with my time… like blog?! Duh!

This class is called Intimate Relationships and somewhere in chapter 1 it claims that books like 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus' are completely bogus. Men and women are not as different as everyone claims they are. ........I've written like four sentences here and have decided to leave this alone. It's in my best interest to not go there.

There's really interesting stuff going on at the place I work. I really can't talk about it much except to say that somebody had better be careful or he's going to get his butt fired. Dude, you can not use the company stuff that way! It belongs to the company - didn't anyone tell you that when they hired you forever-and-a-day ago?

I keep telling myself that nobody reads my blog but a lovely lady from Kentucky, my children and myself, but a friend of mine proved me wrong the other day and actually commented. I must have seemed desperate and about to drown in my own tears. I think it was pity. :) Anyway, I've got to be vague about work because, well you know, it's what's going on in my life but I have to protect the innocent (and the not so innocent) and my own butt. Geeze, what kind of double-speak was that?!

On a more physical note - I seem to have shaken the regular headaches that seem to have no source. I only have tension headaches now. I guess that means that my hormones have leveled out - finally. My cramps are down to a minimum again but I've been thinking about taking the advice of some friends. Basically, they said, "GET ANOTHER OPINION." They said it just about like that too. Two friends have offered me their doctor's names and the more I think about it, the more it sounds like the right thing to do. The only barrier now is the change in my health insurance at work. It's going to cost me a lot more to see someone now and I'm not all that sure I can afford it.

UPDATE:
I went to class tonight and there are only seven people in it - four of which I've had classes with before. It could have been considered fun - if not for the instructor being kind of long-winded. So I think I'll survive it. Notice the excitement in that statement? NOT.

Oh, the instructor mentioned that there was a certain level of trust in the class and that we shouldn't be concerned about anything we say making it into an email or someones BLOG. I almost fell out of my seat. I swear. Of course I won't tell about what's said in class - that doesn't mean I won't mention my own impression of the experience as a whole.

1 comment:

  1. I don't see anything wrong with you talking about your class on the blog as long as names aren't mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.