Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Worry, stress, and anxiety, the black hole of having fun and enjoying life.

So I may have been mistaken about being happier at work.  I don't want to be here.  Maybe I'm just not happy anywhere right now.  That presents a problem.  

I wish I could afford to see a therapist.  I simply cannot function at this high a level of stress for much longer.  I have such horrible reflux/heartburn and stomach aches that I wonder if I have an ulcer.  I was certain we had a leak in a water line at home today and I just about lost it waiting for Rob to take a look at it after I called him and told him I was worried.  Turns out, I was right.  Yes, I worry about EVERYTHING.  Yes, I WORST CASE SCENARIO everything.  Sometimes I'm right.  Not that it helps to be right; as a matter of fact, it might make it worse since it reinforces the need to worry.

So, what am I grateful for today?  

  • I'm grateful for the timing of finding the leak under the house.
  • I'm grateful my son is a simple phone call away - on his US phone, and only a few minutes from home for the next few days.
  • I am grateful that the storms we seemed to have every day have cleared and we have beautiful days ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.