Saturday, July 5, 2014

Reading Would Be Nice

So back in the beginning of May, I talked about the things I'd like to do in order to feel a little more normal.  Reading was one of those things, and I'll be honest, it hasn't been easy.  I can't seem to focus on reading and it is beyond frustrating.  I don't meal plan like I used to, I don't drink wine among the sunflowers and mint in the back yard, and there has been no relaxing.  Not to speak of anyway.

The books I'm trying to read, or want to read, have changed only a little bit.
  • The Gift of Therapy by Irvin Yalom - I'm still trying to read this one.
  • Catching Fire - still haven't finished it.  Lost access when I had to replace my Nook and the Kindle app wasn't uninstalled properly.
  • I Thought it was Just Me (But it Isn't) by Brene Brown - still haven't bought it.  Maybe someday.
  • I Heart My Little A-Holes by Karen Alpert - same story, haven't bought it.
  • Berried to the Hilt by Karen McInerney - bought it, haven't read it.
  • Forever Odd by Dean Koontz - I've read it before but forgot the story.
  • Cold Days and Skin Game by Jim Butcher - A friend lent these to me and then I just bought them on my Nook.  Can't get into them.
  • Inferno by Dan Brown - Bought a real copy, haven't started it.
  • And in case my to read list wasn't long enough with zero follow-through, I picked up Bitter Is the New Black from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.