Sunday, June 1, 2014

Meal Plan - June 1 - 7

Eating out of our pantry and deep freeze this week, mostly anyway.  

  • Spaghetti and meatballs - I don't make sauce from scratch anymore, I just don't have the time.  I use Classico which is very good, my favorite is mushroom and ripe olive.  The meatballs are from Target, I've never made them from scratch.
  • Burrito's - We bought some great green chili with turkey at the farmers market today.  These burrito's are nothing special, seasoned ground beef, lime rice, seasoned black beans, shredded lettuce, Herdez salsa (LOVE this stuff), sour cream, cheese, guacamole, and tortillas (I just put everything in a bowl).
  • Burgers and fries - Discovered an amazing condiment combination for burgers, bratwurst, and hotdogs...  banana peppers and mustard.  YUM!
  • Tex-Mex Chicken - I think I'm going to put this in a crock pot and then use it for chicken tacos like last week.  
  • Breakfast - eggs, hashed browns, toast, sausage.  Pretty simple.  
  • Slop - Didn't make this last week.  It's basically just ground beef, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup over rice.
  • Chili and Baked Potatoes - I've got chili in the freezer and huge baking potatoes.  Figure I should use them up.
We went to the farmers market and while we were out, stopped at the grocery store for a few missing pieces.  I didn't think we were going to, but we didn't spend much.  While we were there, we picked up a couple of movies from Redbox - Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and We're the Millers.

Lindsay is with my sister-in-law this weekend, so we're on our own.  She'll be home tomorrow and we'll begin our summer with walks on trails (if they're not all flooded by the Poudre River), movie marathons, and hopefully some picnics in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.