Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Visit from Japan

Matt came home Monday night.  This time was a little weird - I didn't get all wrapped up in counting down, or freaking out about him being here, or being anxious for weeks, or telling every single soul I know.  In fact, someone told me a couple of weeks ago that he would be home in nine days and I was all, "Really?  Nine days?  Lemme count it myself."  We didn't really get motivated with the cleaning until Saturday, maybe Saturday afternoon...  okay, it was Sunday around noon!  Geeze, judgment!  I've decided that it must be because we're used to this, it's normal now.  Whatever the reason, the house got clean -ish, the laundry got done -ish, and Matt is home for a couple weeks.

On Monday afternoon/evening, while I was getting a few last minute things done, I heard Lindsay squeal in the driveway.  When I looked out the window, I though Jake had come instead of Matt.  I quickly realized that it wasn't Jake, but that Matt looks a lot like his brother.  It's almost creepy how similar they look, especially with their glasses on.  The only differences are weight and hair color, and maybe the three inches that separates them.  That first hug was great - Matt gives the best hugs...  next to Jake, or maybe Lindsay when she's in a hugable mood.  Sigh...  they all give fabulous hugs.  

So he's here and spending a lot of his time with his friends this week.  He says next week is family time.  Rob took most of next week off to spend with Matt.  Rob rarely gets to spend time with him when he's home, so taking so much time off is unusual and nice.  I imagine they'll fish and hang out, play darts and have a drink together, talk about everything and nothing...  My time with Matt will be on Monday.  We're going to go walking a great trail by the river; he's bringing his camera and taking a bunch of pictures, and I've asked him to take a bunch of me so I can find just one I can give to the counseling office I work for to post on the website.  

Having him here in the states makes it very hard to concentrate on being at work or being away from home at all.  Being at home while he's out with his friends makes me irritable.  It's not that I want him in my presence every minute (lie), I just can't seem to concentrate knowing he's in the states and I have to be patient, one of my best qualities (not).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.