Monday, May 5, 2008

This Doesn't Happen Every Day - Thank Heavens

Today I was enjoying the beautiful weather we're having. I took a lovely afternoon shower and sat outside reading a good book (Strangers by Dean Koontz) under our Ponderosa Pine tree. I had just the right amount of sunlight and was loving it. Somehow I'd totally forgotten that it's time for the sap to flow... You can see where this is going, right? Sap dropped onto my freshly washed hair.

For those of you who don't know how to remove sap this will be educational and icky at the same time. I've discovered that sap can be removed easily by using any kind of cooking oil (corn, olive, canola, vegetable) and then washing with soap and water, but I'd only ever used this procedure on hands, feet and clothes - never my hair. The good news is that it works, the bad news is that it's gross. I rubbed oil in my hair, only where the sap was, and then washed it with lots of shampoo, combing it out as I went. Conditioner is, apparently, critical. I used lots of that too and let it sit for a couple of minutes before rinsing and combing.

Soon it will be warm every day and I won't appreciate it as much. We will start to complain about the heat when it reaches (oh, my!) 85-degrees? For now it is wonderful and I'm going to enjoy it. I'll just have to find a new shady area to sit and read.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that bit of info. I didn't know that about sap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sap actually comes off! I thought you had to loose skin to get it off! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.