Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm Boring - This One Is About My Hair?

I got my hair cut today and I'm so loving it. I was at work and walked past the glass entry way, catching my reflection, and decided that I looked... how should I put this... frumpy? The only thing I can do about the way I look at this moment is to cut my hair and I'm very happy with the results. Soon, I will be working on the rest.

Once the weather is a bit more stable around here - we have freezing nights, freak thunderstorms, 60 mile an hour winds - I'll start walking at night again. I loved walking in the warm weather last summer. I only lost about one or two pounds a week, but it was consistent and I felt good getting out of the house. I will also walk on Saturday and Sunday mornings and that way I can get some color in my glaring white legs. I'm freakishly pale, it can't be good to be this white.

When I came home and picked up the mail, I was shocked to find a jury summons with my name on it. I'm 35 years old and this is the first time I've gotten one. When I was younger I would have been happy to have the opportunity to serve. Now I'm thinking that if I have to miss work and get paid $50 for the day, I'm getting ripped off since I make way more than that. The other unfortunate thing is that the first day of jury service is on a Monday, and I don't work on Mondays. I guess I'll be busy that day - and not get paid for it. Oh, geeze! It's my kids first day of summer break too... What a bummer.

So much for feeling better about the haircut.

AND I HAVE TO PAY TO PARK THERE. Okay, I'm done. (Not really.)

3 comments:

  1. I have been asked to serve two or three times, but each time it was cancelled. Maybe you will get lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't get picked. I was asked to serve last year and they never picked my #. It was a very long week of having to remember to that # though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm REALLY lucky, I'll call the Friday afternoon before and be told that they don't even need me... That would be lucky.

    I was talking to a friend and she said she knew someone who was picked and then told that they were sitting on a Federal trial in Denver - he had to drive down every day for a week! OMG - I can't do that - literally! My car won't make it. EEK!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.