Sunday, May 4, 2008

Picky?

I've gotten picky about the blogs I read these days. For a while I was reading some of the most popular bloggers but now I'm in search of those blogs that don't seem to have a big readership - or at least not a ton of commenter's. Don't get me wrong, I think those popular blogs are popular for a reason - those women are funny and write brilliantly - I'm just looking for something a little less... click-ish?

One of the blogs I began reading only two months ago is shutting down - a loss to the blogging world if there ever was one, but I can understand her reasoning. Her closing up shop has forced me to find a replacement and this is where I began to notice the 'club' mentality of the world of respected bloggers. Maybe that's because I'm not a part of their group? Because I can't see myself blogging for a living? I'm not as talented?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't noticed this or maybe I do not understand exactly what you mean. I do know that some people will not comment on your blog unless you regularly comment on theirs. Is this what you meant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about the commenting exchange thing. I kind of understand, just acknowledging eachother I guess.

    Not exactly what I meant but that's okay... not sure how to explain the whole thing in writing.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.