Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spring '08 Soccer Season Ends

To be totally honest, I have no idea how many games Lindsay's team won or lost during the eight week soccer season. All I know, is that during this last game the weather was beautiful! So beautiful, in fact, that I got sunburned. How nice is that? I wore shorts and a t-shirt to the game and during half-time I laid down on the grass and closed my eyes. I could feel the heat but it was nice and I dismissed those pesky thoughts of heat = burn. My forearms, thighs above the knees, and face are all rosy red and sore. When will I ever learn?

This morning my family had breakfast at Cracker Barrel with my parents. We hadn't done anything with them as a group in a long time and I didn't even get my mom a Mother's Day card. I'm horrible, I know. So, we all met at 8am - translation: Crack of Friggin' Dawn - to have yummy breakfast and shop for way-too-cute stuff in their store. Lindsay has recently discovered grits - not something you find in every restaurant here, by the way - and she loves them. She likes them with butter and gravy. So do I. Coincidence? I think not. So, she had grits with her breakfast and this afternoon when we went to the grocery store, I bought grits and I'm going to make them, with gravy, for breakfast tomorrow. When we got home, I looked up the recipe for the hashbrown casserole that the Cracker Barrel makes. We all like it and I've never quite been able to make it right. I figure actually following a recipe might just be the trick.

The hubby is in high stress mode after finishing finals week at CSU. He will have to take Calculus again over the summer so the stress level should shoot up from FREAK OUT to EMERGENCY level during, what should be, his easy semester. The summer class is held at the what-the-hell-were-they-thinking hour of 7AM, Monday through Friday for two hours a day. If that doesn't kill the summer semester students, I don't know what will. The good news is that he doesn't have to buy another book...? Yeah, we'll go with that.

We only have nine days of school - 12 1/2 if you are counting the number of days until freedom - so I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how to manage the summer for Lindsay. I think yoga will materialize, though not for several weeks. Swimming lessons with The GirlFriend might be once a week - if that - starting near the end of June. Our community pool will open in a week but it will, no doubt, be freezing cold because they refuse to turn on the heater. It will be early July before jumping in the water doesn't pose the risk of heart-stoppage. Summer is so much fun here.... I'm hoping to schedule a few play dates for Lindsay with her soccer friends. Matt is capable of watching them at the park next door to their school for an hour or so once a week. (Yes Matt, I'm making plans for you!)

Hope your Saturday turned out as glorious as mine did - sunburn and all! I know I will enjoy sleeping in tomorrow and the best thing? I get to sleep in next Saturday! NO SOCCER! (Oh, and next Sunday too - it's my birthday.)

1 comment:

  1. I do hate sunburn, sorry to hear that it got you! 8am is way to early. So jealous that you get to sleep in weekends but I get to sleep in week days. So I can't complain!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.