Monday, May 26, 2008

Late May Blues

Today is the end of my weekend and I'm getting sick. Normally this would be okay, I'd try to survive work while sneaking my illness under the radar of the boss-man - he doesn't like sick people one tiny bit. Anyway, I've enjoyed my weekend and now I have to go to work feeling very under the weather. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton, my sinuses are pressurized (or something like that) my throat is swollen and a little sore, my back hurts, and I'm whiny. Hopefully, a good nights' sleep and lots of coffee in the morning will solve my problem.

This is the kids' last week of school and Friday is a half day. They are already 'checking out' because they're just not interested anymore. Matt still has to turn in a major Biology project and take a test in that class on Thursday. Lindsay is basically just riding the 'end of third grade' train. She's obviously going to pass, but next year she'll actually have to work. I'm not sure how that is going to go. She thinks that life should just be handed to her since, well, she's the baby, the only girl, the princess, Daddy's little girl.... you know the type. I'm not sure what's up with Jake. I know he's passing - we can see the older two kids grades online - but I don't know if he has anything stressful going on these last few days.

Rob doesn't start his summer classes until June 16. He's taking Calculus again. This time it is weekdays from 7 - 9AM. It might just kill him, having to get up and function that early. I'm not sure that early morning is the right time for that level of math. We'll have to pay $400 for his summer classes, his financial aid has run out for the year. On the other hand, my student loans are almost certainly maxed out for my Bachelor's degree as of the end of this coming school year. I will have hit the $43,000 mark. I have no idea how I'll finish school after the loans run out. I need to call my advisor and have them look at my transcript, they can let me know exactly what I need to take in order to graduate. I refuse to get depressed over school this summer.

After a short break - we had to let our brains relax a bit - Crystal and I are going to have to really ramp up our plans to launch our business by the end of summer. We've finally come up with a name and a website. We just have to purchase the website, register the business name, get the licenses issued, order business cards, launch a marketing campaign (her forte', not mine) and start pulling in a few customers. We may even launch a little earlier than planned. The good news is that we already have all of the software, computers and equipment we need. We'll only have to spend money on the licenses and marketing at first. Wish us luck.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like exciting times are ahead of you. Don't feel bad that you have $43,000 in student loans. By the time my husband graduated he had $70,000. He owes more for his loans that we do for our mortgage. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I don't even have my BS yet... LOL, BS - I'm so easily amused!

    I'm trying to decide - and it's a little early for this - if I want to get my Masters... More school, more stress, more money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new business venture. I hope to hear more about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.