Sunday, January 25, 2015

Something Normal

Meal plans are normal.  I really need some kind of normal right now.  Even the month isn't normal - January is a bookkeepers nightmare.  

We've gone to the grocery store every week but we're not eating much at home, so there's lots of food - too much.  The problem is that I don't have a plan.  I've got a lot of food, no plan.

Hamburger helper.  That's right, I bought hamburger helper.  I'm not sure what I was thinking except that I didn't have a plan.  Basically, we've got hamburger helper and some lemon chicken.  Oh, and maybe the stuff to make spaghetti and Ski Pasta.  Also, I think I might have the stuff for potato soup.

Thankfully, I thought about this abundance of dinner food when we went shopping today and bought mostly breakfast and lunch stuff.  Breakfast is always a tough one for me...  cereal?  Not enough time.  Eggs?  Same and I'm lazy.  Several months ago I made a bunch of breakfast burritos - not bad but I didn't make any this weekend.  

What we do have is yogurt.  Um, yeah.  Lots and lots of yogurt.  I have no idea what else we have.  Toast maybe?

Lunch.  That's where I seemed to shine today.  Salads, sandwiches, snacks, applesauce, juice boxes, bottled tea.  We're set for the week.

Dinner.  Ugh.

It would be great to have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.