Sunday, February 22, 2015

FISH

We need to eat more fish.  I like fish, I miss eating it, it's good for your health, it's good for certain medical conditions.  I often eat fish sandwiches at fast food restaurants, but that just makes me want good fish.  

Last week when I was coming home late from work and it was just the two of us, I took Lindsay out to dinner.  We went to a place we'd only been to once a few years ago.  Turns out, I loved it.  I didn't remember what my problem with it was the last time, but Lindsay was happy to remind me that it was the cost - it's a bit pricey.  Apparently cost isn't that much of an issue for me anymore.  Anyway, I had a salad with blackened salmon and it was phenomenal.  The next night I was even later coming home and I collapsed in my chair complaining about the long day and that I just realized I was hungry.  Rob started naming off restaurants and asking what kind of food I wanted and I just wanted that same salmon I'd had the night before.  I had the same blackened salmon but this time over rice and orzo with roasted asparagus.  Again it was fabulous.  Sigh.... 

Lindsay doesn't like fish or seafood - except canned tuna, she'll eat that - so making it at home is argument provoking.  There's always some sort of fast-cooking chicken in the fridge so making her a different entree shouldn't be a big deal.  Rob and I talked a little about eating more fish, especially fish high in omega-3 fatty acids....  for us that means tuna and salmon because the other choices aren't all that appetizing.  Except trout, but eating it from a grocery store isn't appetizing.  

What I'm getting at is that my meal plan should have more fish in it, but I doubt I'll be grocery shopping this week because of a snowstorm, a flat tire, and a missing paycheck.  Basically I have zero time and we'll have to eat out of the freezer and pantry this week.  God, I wish we could just eat out every day this week.  It would be so much easier.


  • Macaroni and cheese casserole - Blue box, cream of mushroom soup, tuna, green peas
  • Slop - rice, ground beef, cream of mushroom soup
  • Leftover chili  
  • Turkey in gravy over mashed potatoes - Schwans
  • Burrito bowls - rice, taco meat, beans, cheese, etc
  • Spaghetti with vodka sauce and sausage/ski pasta?
  • Quiche - bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.