Saturday, June 7, 2008

Random

Poor Lindsay. Her vacation was cut short by a JUNE snowstorm in the mountains. They had 8 inches of snow in fewer hours and it wasn't stopping. She came home Thursday afternoon and I was happy to see her - even if it did cut short my time away from her.

The boys were at football camp at CSU for 13 hours a day on Thursday and Friday. They had camp this morning until noon, came home, whined for about an hour and then fell asleep. Gotta love the tired boys. I'm hoping they feel better soon.

I slept really well the last few nights and I almost find that strange - strange but welcome. I also quit taking the Inderol my doctor prescribed because I've had a headache almost every day I've been on it. It's useless. Since I went off the medication have been relatively pain free, and I slept well too. Hmmmm.

Planning our dinners has been a godsend this week. I always knew what we were having and that I had all of the ingredients. I'm hoping the next week goes just as well, considering the boys will be home for dinner all week. Well, Jake might have plans some of those days, but for the most part, I'll be feeding everyone and the boys eat like horses. I'll post my plan tomorrow; today, I'm still working on it. If you like to cook (or don't) and would like a reference for recipes of all kinds (beginner-easy to gourmet), check out this site.

I went over my classes this week and discovered that I need seven more to graduate - I think. I've put in a call to my advisor but I'm pretty sure that I've only got 21 more credits, 7 very specific classes, until I have my BS in Applied Psychology. Since I take my classes either online or at the Fort Collins satellite campus of Regis, and they don't offer all of these classes here, and I don't have a reliable car, I'm hoping that they will let me do those that aren't on the Fort Collins campus via GIS (guided independent study). They cost more but I need to finish my degree. I don't know exactly what I'll do when I'm done - as in, how I'll find the job I want - but I'll figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. It is HOT here. I cannot even imagine a snowstorm!
    Planning meals saves tons of time and it feels good knowing you are helping the family (even if they probably don’t notice).
    It’s good to hear you are sleeping better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I can't imagine snow here either but the cabin is about 4 or 5 thousand feet higher than we are here. It's about 70-degrees in Fort Collins every day but it will get warmer.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.