Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Exhaustion

I didn't sleep well last night. I didn't sleep much either. I went to bed around 11:30 and couldn't sleep. I got up at 12:30, surfed the web until 1:30 or 2 and then got back in bed. I still couldn't fall asleep so started an On Demand movie (a free one, of course) and fell asleep, finally, sometime around 3. The hubby's alarm went off at 6:30 but I ignored it, getting out of bed with my alarm at 7. I'm exhausted. I'm sore. I'm not going to sleep tonight either. I can feel it.

I left for work early today so that I could drop Lindsay's soccer forms and the check off. Today was the first day for fall soccer sign up and I thought getting there around 8:30 would ensure her a spot on her home team. There were tons of people there, so many that I doubt she'll make it on her own school team. It's a real let down.

I was good at my job today. Although, I dragged the financial statements out for a couple of hours so that I would be busy all day. QuickBooks did something weird with a payment though. I'll have to play with it tomorrow to fix the problem. QB can be a real pain in the butt sometimes.

After work, I stopped at the grocery store, came home, baked muffins (OMG - I'm traumatized!*), boiled eggs for the boys to eat in the morning, made my pathetic Mac N Cheese dinner, and now I'm trying to figure out how to make myself sleepy. I've been productive, but I'm wiped.

* I'm allergic to baking - nothing I've ever baked, from scratch, has ever been edible. Truth is, even the cookie dough you buy in the store and bake, doesn't make good cookies when I do it. The muffins I made tonight were the kind you mix their powder with milk and bake. They are already lacking so I can't be blamed for their quality. They aren't too bad.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm a big fan of chamomile tea! And whole milk with brown sugar. (I know that sounds counterintuitive, but I love it, and I suppose maybe I "guilt" myself into sleep??)
    Also, I make lists if I can't sleep. I can see that YOU do that, too!! Lists are the best. But once you've written them, you've got to give yourself permission to not think about the list until it's time to do them (which is not bedtime). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got in bed at 10:30 last night and was alseep by 11. It was great, I didn't wake up once and I even hit the snooze button!

    Yeah, list maker right here. I do it all day long. Funny that you'd know that there are things that I think about at bedtime that should be on a list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had insomnia since I was 2 and the only thing that works is Natural Calm. All it is,is magnesium citrate which is something our bodies need. Bummer that your daughter won't make it on her home team? Were they giving away something for free? I can't imagine why so many kids showed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently, the coach at our home school is amazing and everyone likes her - I just want to be able to walk Ash to practice rather than driving in rush hour traffic, even if it is only two miles.

    The soccer club here is a really big deal. Kids usually start out in kindergarten and end up in what's called Arsenal Soccer - a competitive league. Ash is playing soccer because she likes it, not because she wants a scholarship to a college. The parents here are just so competitive themselves. It's kind of disgusting, it's the same reason we don't like cub scouts and girl scouts - the parents (not all, but lots) are intolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get Out of Complaining Hell Free!!! I tagged you!!

    http://www.perilouslyprecocious.com/taggles-yer-it/

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.