Monday, June 2, 2008

Frustration

AARRGGGGHHH! I'm frustrated. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with starting up the business and I need to buckle down and get something accomplished. I don't have any excuses now. The kids are out of school - Woo Hoo! Lindsay even got stickers for every school day on her calendar so when she gets back from the mountains, she'll get the monkey stickers I promised her. I don't have to stress out about Matt's grades - he passed English, people! I don't understand what the problem is, he speaks English, doesn't he? Why, yes he does. I think he got a better grade in Spanish. Pathetic. Yes, Matt. I said PATHETIC! Okay, I'm over it now.

So, I just have my three-and-a-half day a week job to do and the rest of the 'work week' time could be dedicated to filing the trade name, ordering business cards, coming up with a marketing idea, finalizing pricing, working on the business plan, etc. Okay, that's a lot, but that's my point. I need to do it before I have the excuse of being in school, and the kids are in school, and the hubby is in school - oops, the hubby will be in school again in 2 weeks). Yeah, we will all be back in school in 12 short weeks. Time to get down and dirty.

Besides, I'll need the extra money if I plan to actually attend school in the fall. I think I'll be able to file a Professional Judgement with the school to get my financial aid increased, but who knows.
Sorry, I'm just frustrated right now. I shouldn't be. My mindset has shifted to summer mode and I should be excited about coming home after work and hitting the pool with Lindsay and Matt, warm summer nights, no homework, all of that stuff.

Well, a depressing, boring, lacking post. Hopefully I'll be happier when I get some simple things done tomorrow, like going to work and rocking when I do the invoices and financial statements. (BORING) But I'm so good at what I do.

Ppfftt! Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Hey at least you are good at what you do! I work with those who aren't good and what they do and they think they are! Wow, How many of you are going to be going to school at the same time? The whole family! Yikes! I'm sure you'll get everything in order soon. You need those days of no motivation to motivate you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, yeah. There are five of us and we will be in 4th, 10th, 12th, 18th & 18th grade. :) Shawn and I have been in college for five years, hence the 18th grade. Yeah, I think I'm funny.

    I'm not sure I'll ever have everything in order - my house is barely controlled chaos - always!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.