Sunday, February 17, 2008

Books

First let me say that lots of books sound great after you've shared a pitcher of sangria at lunch, but the truth is that your judgment may be a little off. Take my purchase on Monday. I bought The Complete Idiots Guide to a Healthy Relationship. It sounded like a great idea, but it was, as the name suggests, an idiotic choice. I returned it today and got my $20 back. My suggestion: be very careful choosing a book when you're tipsy, and always keep the receipt.

Books are really important to my sanity. If I haven't read one for pleasure in some time, I tend to get a little nuts. Last summer I was so sick of school and reading for others that I decided I'd read ten books by the time school started in the Fall. I read more than I'd planned. I'm hoping to have that same great experience this coming summer. I'm not going to count cookbooks, books on organizing, cleaning or parenting.

Currently I'm reading a decent book on blogging and have found that several of the blogs that I read on a regular basis have a huge audience and are written by some pretty powerful women in the blogging world. I also now have my books for my criminology and Ethics in Public Administration classes. They are not quite as interesting.

If you want to try something fun and easy to read, Janet Evanovitch writes the Stephanie Plum novels. They are definately worth a read. The first one is One For The Money. I also like the "...In Death" books by J.D. Robb, they are murder mystery/romance woven together in an amazing way. What do you read?

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Until I Find You by John Irving. It was AMAZING! When I don't have a lot of time to devote to a book, M.C. Beaton books are wonderful murder mysteries and quick reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of the 'easy read' and murder mysteries. Thanks for the names, I'll have to look into them.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.