Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sleep Eludes Me

I'm supposed to be in bed, asleep. I've been hunched over a computer all day and felt like I needed an early bedtime but it's just not working out that way. I took a hot shower, got in bed, laid down, and knew I wouldn't be able to relax.

The hubby is still at work. He's working on a big conversion that was supposed to be done at three this afternoon but it failed around six tonight and he had to restart it. He probably won't be done until midnight. I don't sleep well when he's not in bed.

I've been working on getting the books ready for the accountant. I don't have everything I need yet so it's a slow process. I've got two months of IFTA done but I can't really even start December until one of our field guys gets back in town. It's so frustrating not having everything I need! I did lots of little things today, nothing special except acting as the HR manager. I've had several requests from employees to get information from the insurance company or help them make changes. I actually love that part of my job. I like helping them and getting their questions answered. I'll probably get my Bachelors and end up in the HR department of some company.

Well, I suppose it's time to resort to boring movies. I can't afford to be up all night.

2 comments:

  1. Wanna know my favorite Get Me In The Mood For Sleeping Treat?

    Whole milk. With brown sugar.
    Heated up barely. In the Microwave.
    Oh *gasp*

    Drooling everywhere. Yum.

    *zzzzz*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you made me laugh.

    Part of the reason I couldn't sleep was that I was reading some old journals and struggling with who I used to be.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.