Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cookbooks - A Recipe for Stress Reduction

I can feel the stress closing in. And it's the weekend! Yesterday when I got up and began to make coffee I had that all too familiar lump in my throat. I had to consciously tell myself to relax, it's Saturday morning, there's nothing to be stressed out over. I was able to calm down and enjoy the day, but geeze, what is my deal?

To resolve that stress I unconsciously resort to soothing behaviors like reading cookbooks and finding yummy-sounding recipes. I didn't really have to do much work on this weeks meal plan because I came up with more than necessary last week.

Meal Plan January 11 - 17, 2009 (Can you believe it's 2009???)

And maybe...

I'm dying to get my hands on a new cookbook, Desperation Dinners. I tried to get it from the library but someone has taken off with it and not returned the darn thing. Grrrr! I did get a copy of Desperation Entertaining but it's just not the same. I'll have to go out and buy a copy as soon as the opportunity presents itself.

1 comment:

  1. I like to mentally follow the path of my breath as I breathe.

    I learned this trick in some Tantric meditation book called "The Book of Secrets" or something esoteric like that.

    Lately, that has been really soothing. And when I'm having anxiety as I fall asleep, this launches me right into the world of snores and sighs.

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.