Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Observing and Describing

Things I'm noticing:
  • I'm eating a little better/more predictability...  therefore, I feel a little better.
  • I'm drinking more alcohol; two drinks a night for the last three days.  Not sure I like how I feel.
  • I'm not sleeping well.  I wake often and stay awake for much longer.  I had a nightmare/uncomfortable dream last weekend.
  • My motivation comes and goes, it's not predictable at all. 
It's funny how observing or noticing is one of the skills I teach to clients but rarely use unless I'm working on actively providing psychoeducation.  I think the core mindfulness techniques of DBT are fabulous... if you use them.  Observing and describing without judgment is hard, I want so much to be different, more, better, weigh less, produce more....  JUDGMENT!  Recognizing the judgment and not judging it is hard too.

Gratitude
  • I have a kick ass therapist of my own who is working through this time.  Thank God!
  • I have an amazing team of coworkers, a boss who appreciates me for my talents and who I am, not my ability to produce or for getting it right all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.