Thursday, April 9, 2020

Irritated!

Every little thing bothers me.  I think I am also bothering other people, or I'm somehow also concerned with how others see me. 

I think in this time we are denying ourselves rest and relaxation, struggling to set work and home life balance, and have changed our routine's to the extent of losing out on activities we previously enjoyed. 

For example, I used to have a (nearly) one hour commute to work and I would listen to audiobooks during that time since reading has become more difficult with my diminishing attention span.  That meant I got to listen to over an hour of entertainment and lose myself in a story.  It also meant that I had a built in transition to and from work.  I also shifted my expectations of myself and my behavior, it helped guide my meal and snack times. 

Nothing seems normal right now and that has a cascade effect on our ability to cope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.