Monday, April 6, 2020

It's been a long time

I've been doing a lot of reading about coping with COVID-19 and one of the ideas that keeps showing up is journaling or writing about the experience.  What better place than this to keep a record of my experience.

On the 13th of March everyone at my office was told we would be working from home until April 17, in following the local school district.  That weekend, I went into the office to get my planner and a couple of books I had left behind, most of which I didn't think I'd need or didn't consider needing for the coming month.  A few days ago, we heard that we were closed until the end of May...  two more months.  I left my little zebra succulent on my desk at work, I have books there I feel like would be helpful, I want some damn fidget toys! 

As much as I'd like to believe I'm settling into this different experience, I suppose part of me is freaking out and wondering what will happen or when this will end.  I only have 12 clients this week and I've been keeping an average of 16 during this time.  I don't want to go hunt anyone down, I don't want to make calls to fill those slots, I just want a rest.  Working through telehealth feels like 10 times the work and I just want to go outside and be lazy.

Gratitude:

  • I CAN work from home.  Rob CAN work from home.  We're still making the money we need to survive.
  • I get outside more than I did before.  
  • I'm eating breakfast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.