Tuesday, April 22, 2014

One of *THOSE* weeks

Yeah, the weeks that make you want to curl up in a ball and cry, that leave you feeling vulnerable and weak.  And I lived through it...  without smoking.

I'm shocked, really.  I did a couple of things I was worried about.  First, I talked on the phone with a couple of friends.  I wandered around just like I would have done when I was smoking, but without a cigarette.  It was only a little strange to not light up, and it was fine.  The second thing was to drive a distance (rather than just around town or to school) and I still didn't smoke.  Might have had a little to do with the drives being in the morning, but whatever.  I didn't smoke.

I also told everyone.  I told my SIL a few weeks ago and she brought it up at Easter so all of my in-laws know.  I also "told" everyone I know on FB.  I've been posting a number for each day I'm smoke-free.  Yesterday I posted a No Smoking symbol with a 31 on top of it.  Everybody knows now so I will disappoint a bunch of people if I start again.  I don't want to start again.  I haven't smoked 316 cigarettes and I've saved around $100.  I'm hoping I start to feel that money saved.  :)

No idea what's got me this far.  Maybe it's stubborn determination?  I guess I don't care.  My husband and I are now smoke free and someday I won't be pissy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.