Monday, April 14, 2014

Nope...

Still not smoking...  still pissy about it.  I haven't talked to friends on the phone in quite some time since that is one of my triggers.  The good news is that I have more time and I'm being slightly more productive with that time.  I've done homework, watched movies with my husband, and even done some cleaning.  I know, shocking right?!

Friday night I got a call from a Colorado QuitLine coach.  She was pretty helpful, had great tips, and helped me to clarify some of my coping mechanisms and why I quit.  I'm supposed to get another call in about three weeks.

Biggest struggles:

  • Gaining weight - I swore I wouldn't eat mindlessly or to replace smoking, but that has not been the case.  I find myself eating when I'm bored, when I would have been smoking, and for no reason at all.  I have got to get this under control.  
  • Feeling disconnected from my friends - I would love to be able to call up my friends, but the risk is just too big right now.  I feel like changing my habits has to come first and then I can start talking to them again.
  • Driving home at night - I guess I used that first cigarette at the end of the day (nope, I didn't generally light up until around 4 or 5 in the evening) to let off some stress and I'm kind of lost as to how to blow that stress off right now.  Some days I just hold my ecig between my fingers, some days I have to use it, but mostly I just turn up the radio.  
I'm still holding strong; I haven't had one in 24 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.