Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh, so busy.... no excuse

Ooooo, bad me! Sorry to leave you hanging for so long. It's just not right! I should be whipped, beaten, flogged... or something like that.

I've been in total denial about my needing to actually do any school work at all. I've done the minimum. As in, I turned in the papers that were due but have not posted a thing in over a week, which is like not showing up to class at all. This is not the normal me, mind you. I'm an overachiever. I get upset when the grade that lands on my transcript is an A-! Look at me now, on my knees, begging for a C. I'm pathetic.

I'm up to my eyebrows in planning right now. (Unfortunately, it's not planning papers that are due in class. Bummer.) No, this planning is different and fun. First, I'm getting some ideas for Jake's graduation party, a party that's 14 months away. I know I've said that I'm a procrastinator; procrastination is the tool for dealing with 'not fun' stuff, graduation parties are fun. Anyway, I've found a 'suites' hotel that has a good sized, beautiful meeting room and a caterer that I like, all within our budget.

The second thing I'm planning is a potential business opportunity with Crystal. She's been on my butt for the past month or so to start my own bookkeeping business and then she suggested that we go into business together. This is much more appealing than doing it all on my own. Anyway, I've been researching General Partnerships, LLC's, etc and finding some pretty interesting stuff. I think that, if we actually do anything with the idea, it will emerge around the time the students are back in the fall.

On a sad note, it snowed here again today. I'm not sure how much more of this we'll be able to handle. I don't know how many more people will be able to say, "We need the moisture," before I go crazy and pop someones head off their shoulder like a zit! DAFFODILS! CROCUSES! TULIPS! COLOR!

1 comment:

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.