Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poor Me

As the hubby's phone rang off the damn hook today (okay, so he got four calls) all I could think was, "Nobody called me so nobody loves me." sigh.... Okay, I'll get a grip.

Seriously though, I have two friends who actually call me. One is Crystal, we talk all week long but we have to take a break from each other (or some BS like that) on the weekends. She's got extraordinarily busy weekends so we just reserve weekdays for chatting and generally not working - well, she works, I act busy. I've got another friend, Amaya, who's been stuck at home for over a year because of a pretty awful knee injury. She calls me nearly every day, and when she doesn't call, I do. I called her twice today... I feel sorry for her - having to listen to me go on and on and on... I babble when I'm bored and I must be mind numbing!

I have several other friends but none of them are phone addicts like myself. There's one in Texas that works as a corrections officer and has odd hours, one in Washington who's a (fairly) new mom - her kids are 27 months and 9 months so she's really busy, my cousin in Greeley who's a single mother, works ungodly hours and has three kids ages 16, 12 and 9 (God help her) and my neighbor is one of the nearest and dearest to my heart (maybe because she's next door and her life is... interesting?). She works for the college, single mom, three kids, and ex-husband from HELL and she manages to do everything with grace and love. Or that's the way I see it. She devotes her spare time to her kids and hides from the world when life gets too tough to handle - I don't blame her but it makes me sad that she won't let me be her shoulder when she desperately needs one. I've been learning though, to each his or her own. I don't have to be everything for everyone - even if I want to be.

So I'm going to whine about how my friends don't call, how I'm totally unloved, and had to drink my Cosmo alone while reading a new blog tonight. Tomorrow I'll suck it up, chat on the phone (or email) Crystal all day, and generally get a grip on myself. Oh, yeah - I should also probably write one of the two final papers that is due on Tuesday night if I want to pass that class. I'm going to have to beat the sense out of the procrastinator that lives in me because it knows that my boss won't be at work on Tuesday and it can write the papers then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.