Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Preparations

We've bought all the presents and stocking stuffers and wrapped nearly everything. All that's left to do is to pack. We're going up into the mountains to spend Christmas with my in-laws again this year. The kids love it and my husband can't wait to escape the city. As for me, it's kind of stressful. I've got to make sure everyone has everything they need, buy it if they don't, pack for myself and my daughter, remind everyone again that they need things like toothbrushes and deodorant, plan for the neighbor kids to take care of the cats and watch over the house.... the list is endless! Or it feels like it is. I just don't travel well, kind of like deviled eggs.

I have to work tomorrow through Friday. It will be busy since we'll be getting everything wrapped up for the year. I'll be in to work two days the week of Christmas and three days the week of New Years. That week will be awful - getting all of the tax reports done and getting all of the books ready for the accountant - not my favorite thing in the world. I am really busy all of January and most of February. I don't relax until sometime in March. I don't know why I stress so much, that's just who I am.

Speaking of New Years, we have a great party to go to this year. Family friends have invited us and the party is usually really fun. There will be five or six families there this year, everyone has kids.

1 comment:

  1. We have never been to a Halloween party or a New Year's Eve party. I hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.