Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oral Boards, Meals and Movies

Nature's cruel joke... This is the snow we woke up to on Thursday morning.


And then we had SNOW! Honest to goodness snow fell Thursday night and we had 7.5" by sundown Friday. I got a couple of pictures of that too but this one was the only one that wasn't fuzzy. It's so dark but it was only 4:30 in the afternoon.


A while back, I applied for a volunteer position that requires quite a lengthy process to become 'hire-able'. I applied in October, passed the integrity interview in November, and have oral boards this week. I'm a little nervous because I have no idea what to expect. I would really like to do this work for the agency but I have to remember that I have no training and no direct education in the field, so if they turn me down, it is not the end of the world.

We have company coming on Saturday; family from Denver coming to drop off Christmas presents for the kids and spend some time with us. We haven't seen them for over a year, so I am really looking forward to it.

In preparation, I tried to give myself several options for lunch/dinner. Our meals for the week look something like this.

  • Chicken enchiladas
  • Taco casserole
  • Spaghetti with 'pink' sauce
  • Bacon and swiss quiche
  • Orange chicken (didn't have this last week)
  • Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
  • Chicken fried steak
  • Hamburgers
  • Frozen Pizza

I need to do some prep for this weeks meals tomorrow while I clean the house. I already browned ground beef for the spaghetti and I need to cook and shred chicken. I suppose I could also make the quiches and freeze them if I was feeling inclined.

We watched some movies this past week and I have a movie recommendation. We watched August Rush and it is a great movie. There were parts of it when my heart nearly melted, although I managed to keep dry eyes throughout the whole thing. It is family friendly and the music is beautiful.

We also watched Iron Man last week. I really liked it. When it came in from Netflix, I didn't want to see it. I was in and out of the living room while the hubby was watching it and got hooked.

The Family Man, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Wanted, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Stargate Continuum are all good movies. Some better than others, but this is some of what we've watched over the past couple of weeks. I recorded The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice because I couldn't sit down to watch it - the commercial breaks were excruciating. I've also watched a ton of Christmas video's like Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story.

Ahhhh, the joys of procrastination....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.