Sunday, August 24, 2014

Menu Ideas for the second week of school

I'm desperate to put dinner on the table for a whole week, but I seem to take the easy route and pick something up once or twice a week.

For lunches I'm taking soup at least two days and a salad for the other.  I found a recipe for Italian Sausage Soup in the Allrecipes magazine and I'm making a big batch today for lunches.  Some of the suggestions online say to add orzo pasta...  I'm so sad I can't find the box I swear I had.  

Meals for this week, which I swear I've bought food for but I can't remember what I was planning.  Hmmmm...


  • Chicken Quesadillas or Burrito Bowls with beans and rice
  • Macaroni and cheese casserole 
  • Slop - ground beef browned with salt and pepper and covered in cream of mushroom soup and sour cream over rice - finally had this last week and I wondered why I haven't been making it EVERY  week!
  • Spaghetti with vodka sauce.  Hopefully I'll have enough sausage left to make this.
  • Hamburgers and salad - I might make some sort of potato...  lemon potatoes?
  • Italian Sausage soup leftovers - on Thursday when Rob is gone.
  • Chicken wraps - Asian Style Chicken for lettuce wraps from Schwans but in tortillas because Safeway didn't have any butter lettuce. 
  • And if for some reason none of that sounds appealing some night...  I still have the stuff to make another pepperoni pizza.
  • And I still have cheese ravioli, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and olives left to make a layered casserole. 

Wow, we're eating the same things every week.  Maybe that's why I run off to buy other food during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.