Monday, May 19, 2014

Meal Plan

Something normal in a month that's far from normal.

The theme this week is simple.  I have no energy and no motivation.

  • Beef Taco's - had these last night. 
  • Chicken Taco's - soft taco's, later this week so it doesn't seem like a repeat. Chicken with spices (a package of chicken taco seasoning) in the crockpot all day.  Served with rice and black beans. Maybe Tuesday because it'll be ready when we walk in the door, basically.
  • Breakfast for dinner - eggs, sausage, hashed browns, toast.
  • Burgers and salad
  • Burrito bowl's - ground beef, black beans, lettuce, salsa, avocado, etc. with chips and queso...  like Qdoba.  Geeze, that's gonna seem like I'm overdoing the Mexican stuff...  oh well.
  • Slop - our family's version of a lazy meal.  Ground beef, sour cream, cream of mushroom, salt and pepper over rice or mashed potatoes.
I could also make:

  • Meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans.
  • Lime chicken - chicken breasts, lime juice, egg wash, bread crumbs or panko. With mashed potatoes.
  • Chili with cheese, sour cream, crackers.
Nice to have other ideas sometimes.  I have lots of Mexican food ideas, but not much creativity for anything else.  I bought couscous but I have no idea what I was going to use it for or make it with.  It could be lunches - I'll have to look for ideas on Allrecipes.  I have Gorgonzola broccoli in the freezer that I could mix with the couscous.  There's one lunch.  We have leftovers from this week - penne, vodka sauce, mozzerella, parm, sauteed chicken and mushrooms - it was delish for dinner.

I think tonight will be burgers and salad.  I wish I had thought to buy french fried or tater tots, but no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.