Sunday, January 13, 2013

Meal Plan... Yes

It's going to be insanely busy this coming week.  Lindsay is back to school after over three weeks off for Winter Break and Matt's visit home from Japan.  I start school after six weeks off, and Rob has darts this week.  I knew the craziness was coming so I prepared when I stopped at the grocery store on Friday.  The meat counter had pre-made black and bleu burgers and bacon cheeseburgers, mini meatloaves, and chicken fried steaks, all ready to cook and all on sale.  I figured it was a good start.


  • Sunday - Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, country gravy, veggies, dun-buttered muffins.
  • Monday - Spaghetti with meatballs and vodka sauce, garlic bread, salad
  • Tuesday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, brown gravy, veggies
  • Wednesday - Hamburgers and fries
  • Thursday - leftovers/breakfast/ramen...  whatever
  • Friday - Mac & Cheese from the box and leftover spiral sliced ham from the freezer
  • Saturday - Breakfast for dinner
I'm a huge fan of the Dinner Doctor cookbook, Desperation Dinners, and Cheap. Fast. Good! but since it's been forever since I had time to sit down with my cookbooks, I have no idea where they've gone to.  I knew there was a recipe for the dun-buttered muffins in the Dinner Doctor so I just looked it up online and shared it with you.  I've made them before and the only change I'll make tonight is to add some roasted garlic to them, or maybe sprinkle granulated garlic over the top, though I'd better get on it since it's getting close to dinner-time.

Next week I want to try some sort of black bean and rice dish, probably with ground beef in it, and Japanese Curry and rice.  A friend on Facebook posted a picture of her curry dinner yesterday and I went looking for the recipe - again, online - turns out it's so easy to make, though I'll have to hit the Asian market here in town to find the curry.  Beef, potato, carrot, onion, curry powder, rice - that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.