Wednesday, April 18, 2012

You should tell your kids this...

I tear up a lot these days. I did it again last night when I read a blog post* that was about what impacted college athletes the most. Well, what their parents said to them anyway. The heartfelt comment was, "I love to watch you play." 

Wow! Did I tell my boys that? Do I tell my daughter that? I hope my boys know that their football games meant the world to me. In hindsight, sitting at those games and watching them play their hardest were some of the most amazing moments I ever had as a parent. 

These days we watch our daughter play soccer with a renewed spirit (she almost quit last season) as though she plays every game for her brothers... she wants to make them, especially Matt, proud. She's proud of herself too, and there's nothing more awesome to watch as a parent. 

I loved watching my boys play. I love watching my daughter play. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.