Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day - Six More Weeks of Winter?

Everyone in our house is taking turns getting sick. There's really no way around it either so I've just accepted that my turn will be here before I know it.

In my house, as I am sure it is in many others, I don't generally find myself in bed with tea and tissues when I'm sick. There are things that must be done and I'm the one who needs to do them. I don't however, go to work when I'm sick. My boss will just send me home. There's nothing worse than dragging yourself out of bed when you're sick, making yourself look presentable (or not on the verge of death), driving across town and getting to work on time only to be told that you're too sick to be there - go home, get in bed and get well... Now why didn't I think of that?

I'm not sick yet but I'm so worn down that it's only a matter of time. Meanwhile, I have daily headaches to keep me company. The migraine is looming, it's right around the corner too. Lovely.

I managed to make a list of meals for the coming week, and even 'shopped my pantry and freezer' before making the list. There's lots in there to make meals out of.

Meal Plan - February 1 - 7, 2009 (I still can't get over that it's 2009!)
  • Skillet Shepherds Pie
  • Drunken Chicken - calls for rum but I neither have nor like rum so I guess we're just having Chicken. A thinks that's pretty funny.
  • Wild Chicken Skillet
  • Hamburger Stroganoff In A Hurry
  • Meatloaf and Stouffer's Mac N Cheese
  • Jambalaya
  • Frozen Pizza
The first four are from Desperation Dinners. Did I say? I love that cookbook.

Today is Groundhog Day and that little rodent has predicted that there are six more weeks of Winter left. Not that I actually believe it but seriously, wouldn't it be nice to think Spring was right around the corner? Right after we saw Phil make his proclamation this morning, Lindsay and I put in the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. I guess I have movies appropriate to nearly every holiday.

So the countdown begins, six weeks of Winter won't kill me since we haven't had anything nearly as catastrophic as the Midwest and their ice storms. We haven't even had snow for a week or two.

1 comment:

  1. I really never understood this tradition! I like to know the percentage of accuracy that little groundhog has! I hope you feel better! It sucks being sick!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.