Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Meeting of the Moms

Jake graduates this year, and with graduation comes the mother of all graduation parties - seeing how he's friends with half the school, it pays to host a party with others.

So, in preparation for the mother of all graduation parties, four of us moms have decided to throw the party together, assuring we can not only afford the mother of all graduation parties but that the four kids involved* will have the party to attend this year and they won't be stuck at their own while their best friends are somewhere else.

I guess being 18 these days is a big deal. And of course, I want him to have what I didn't - walking in commencement exercises (I graduated, I just didn't walk), a graduation party, someone to push me when it came to going to college... The list is really endless.

Anyway, the Moms will be getting together on Saturday to discuss preliminary plans for a graduation party: what our kids want, what we can afford, where to hold it, discussing catering options, decorations, etc. We're just getting an idea of what everyone thinks at this point. I look forward to sitting and having coffee with these three amazing women.

I guess I'll be thinking about this a lot over then next six months and chronicling the event as it unfolds. Hopefully, it will be good practice for Matt's graduation.

*The four friends are Jake, the GF, Jake's best friend of seven years, and the best friends girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to link to your blog, use the OpenID option.